Wednesday, December 29, 2021

What I've Been Up To - Part 2


And just like that, I went on another trip!

A vacation to European Christmas markets has long been on my travel bucket list.  I've been following a small travel company called A Girls' Guide to Paris and Beyond on social media so when I received a promotional email in the late summer about their upcoming trips, I visited the website to see what was up.  One of the Christmas market trips got my attention so after thinking it over, I signed up.  This was not a destination that interests Mr. Main Street (too much shopping for him) and he was supportive about me going on my own.  But with A Girls' Guide to Paris trips, you are not on your own; rather, you have an experienced guide and the company of others on a small, women only trip.  

I landed in Paris on Thanksgiving Day and spent a few days there on my own, visiting museums, shopping, and walking, walking, walking (setting new personal records on my Fitbit with as much as 11 miles a day!).  And I ate really well.  


Christmas lights on the Chanel store on Rue St. Honore, near my hotel.



Ferris wheel in the Tuileries Gardens



Notre Dame, undergoing reconstruction after the fire damage

On Nov. 30, I took the train to Strasbourg where I joined the travel group.  We visited the Christmas markets in Strasbourg, Obernai, Mulhouse, Eguishem, and Colmar, with walking tours of Strasbourg and Colmar, cathedrals, a castle, an outdoor museum, wine tastings, and a cooking class.  Lots of Christmas shopping and great food to eat!


The group of ladies I traveled with in Mulhouse (that's me on the far left)



Strasbourg Cathedral rose window



Christmas market 



Colmar

I had a fabulous time and would do this kind of trip again.  If you'd like to know more about the Christmas markets in Strasbourg, watch this video from YouTube.






photo signature_zps7mcw44cc.png

3 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a fun trip Cathy and enjoyed the markets with the girls....what a nice way to do this....Thanks for sharing!

    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had seen on Instagram that you had taken this trip. It looked fabulous. Did you have to bring an empty suitcase to bring home all your treasures? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, Paris at Christmas is my favorite time of the year! I hope that as you walked along that you drank copious amounts of chocolat chaud. As for the markets, I have been to several and loved them as well. It sounds like the perfect trip and this company sounds like a great company of women to travel with!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.