Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Rainbow Connection #LittleBlocks365 Quilt


The quilt I made with my Little Blocks 365 is back from the quilter and I bound it - not a big job given if is only 43" square.  


I'm calling it Rainbow Connection.  I started with a fat quarter bundle of solids and made the blocks gradually, selecting from the blocks released each week in the Little Blocks 365 program.  Because my setting used only 56 blocks, I did not need all 365 blocks in the program and could finish before the end of the year.  Note, I adapted my setting from a quilt made by Brigette Heitland of Zen Chic.


I had it longarm quilted by the folks at Olde City Quilts in Burlington, NJ.   The quilting pattern is a panto or edge-to-edge design of large paisley-like feathers in white thread.


The quilting pattern is not too much on the blocks and shows up really well in the white borders.  



The back is solid white because I was afraid any print or darker color might show through to the front in the white borders.  Did you know that Kona comes in wide widths (60" and 108") in a variety of colors?  The 60" wide version was perfect for the back of this wall hanging size quilt.



I really enjoyed making these blocks and am tempted to start another set using a different color combination.  But that will probably wait until late this year as there are some other projects I need to finish.  And first I need to clean and declutter my sewing room - it looks like a cyclone blew through!

photo signature_zps7mcw44cc.png











1 comment:

  1. That's an excellent finish for you, I really love the colors and setting of those blocks. I'm sure it looks even better in person, it's hard to tell in a picture that those blocks are only 3". I should try to piece at least one, it sounds like you enjoyed it if you're wiling to make more. Sewing room cleanup is never fun, but feels so good once it's done.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.