Friday, October 25, 2019

Log Cabin Finished Quilt Top

I've been absent from my blog too long, but I do have something to show for my time.

Over the summer, I worked on a log cabin quilt using fabric from stash, actually leftovers from some prior projects.  I joined the blocks using the Fields & Furrows (or Streak of Lightening) setting.  The quilt top is 80" by 80", too big for Mr. Main Street to hold up by himself, so I waited for a visit from Miss Main Street.  Even with both of them, holding it up was a job, and both were impatient to leave the house as we were on our way out to dinner. 


The quilt turned out to be an excellent stash/scrap buster.  All I bought was was the pale aqua fabric that alternates with the white on the "light" side of each block.  The white was in my stash and the fabrics for the "dark" side of the blocks were left over from prior quilts.  I even have fabric in my stash for the quilt back. 


The logs are one inch wide finished and the blocks are 10 inches square.  I used a pattern called Sweet Escape by Thimbleblossoms but changed the setting. 

I just have to get the backing together then I can send this off to my longarm quilter.

 photo signature_zps7mcw44cc.png

2 comments:

  1. So spectacular! Just love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great quilt and love the colors Cathy....wow, it does look like it would make a good dent in your scrap basket...Nice job and beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.