Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Wildflowers

A few weeks ago, I blogged about my love affair with a new fabric line, Garden Delights from In The Beginning.  I bought a little stash of it and turned to figuring out what to make with it.  I've landed on this design called Wildflowers by Kim Brackett.  I'm going to make it wall-hanging size.


The pattern is in her books Scrap-Basket Strips and Squares.  All the patterns in the book use pre-cuts or pre-cut sizes (2.5" strips or 5" or 10" squares).  Several other designs caught my eye, including the cover quilt, called Velocity.  I'm considering putting that one on my list for floral fabrics with denim in place of the gray solid.


And there is Magnolia Bay Gazette.  A while back, I went crazy for text prints and bought a few mixed bundles.  But how to use them?  I found an idea right here.



But I need to finish my current project before I start any of the quilts shown here.  More about what's on my work table in my next post.


 photo signature_zps7mcw44cc.png

4 comments:

  1. That's going to be a great new project. I think I have that book too. Maybe I need to take a look. Thanks for the reminder

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's going to be a great new project. I think I have that book too. Maybe I need to take a look. Thanks for the reminder

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking quilts, i have put the book on my xmas list. Thanks for the sneaky look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun quilts! That first one is definitely my favorites though -- I'll be looking forward to watching your progress!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.