Wednesday, February 6, 2013

McCall's Quilting March/April 2013 - A Review

A few months ago, I bought a polybagged quilting magazine on the newstand and ended up disappointed in the content.   The latest issue is not polybagged and a quick browse indicated promise so I bought the issue.

Not disappointing at all!!!  In fact, lots to love in the March/April issue of McCall's Quilting(Excuse the blurry photos; the real thing is much better.)

 
This design, called Garden Gradation, caught my eye.  Designed by Lisa Bee-Wilson using Kaffe Fassett prints and Kona solids, it is a simple design with loads of impact. 

 
I collected some Kaffe Fassett fat quarters a few years ago, with nothing much in mind except they were different from my usual look and I liked them. I think this might be my project, though in a different colorway.



I also like this design, called Sunset on the Water, by Margaret Okuley. 

 
And there is more.  Another project in the magazine is a way to use and display a button collection.  And one of my favorite designers, Gerri Robinson, has a quilt in the issue as well. 
 
Look for this issue of McCall's Quilting at your local quilt shop or Barnes & Noble. 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Do you buy quilting magazines individually, as you did this one, or do you subscribe to any others?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother in law got me a subscription for Christmas. I marked the Sunset on the Water and the jelly roll quilt! I don't think I'm going to save any money with these magazines coming in so often. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.