Sunday, December 9, 2012

A Winner...And Quilting With Layer Cakes


Thank you for all the birthday greetings.  Using the random number generator at Random.org, the winner of the layer cake is post number 13, Julie.  I've sent her an email message. 

The comments on my last post include some good suggestions for using layer cakes, including the Dresden plate block, Anita Solomon's Arrowhead block, layer cake patterns from Me and My Sister Designs, and the big Schnibble quilts from Miss Rosie's Quilt Co.  There were also a number of specific patterns mentioned:
Summer Breeze from Melissa Corry for Moda Bake Shop
Twilight Tango from Little Louise Designs
Baskets of Marmalade from Cotton Way
Slide Show from Terry Atkinson
Go Tell It on the Mountain from Konda Luckau for Moda Bake Shop
Sunkissed Jewel Box from Moda Bake Shop

More quilt patterns for layer cakes can be found in a post I wrote last spring.  The Moda Bake Shop patterns are free so that's always a good place to start if you are looking for ideas.  And the Fat Quarter Shop has a whole category of patterns that call for layer cakes; I rather like this Cluck Cluck Sew pattern called Dottie, this Cotton Way pattern called Star Blossoms,  this Fig Tree pattern called Sparkle (I would not have guessed it is based on layer cake), and Hidden Friendship by Planted Seed Designs.  Just click on the words in blue to be taken to site with the pattern mentioned.

Despite the birthday celebrations, I squeezed in some time to quilt and will be back shortly with a finish!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to Julie! Thank you for having this wonderful give-away. I'm going to check out every single one of those patterns!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.