Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Fussy Cutting



My next project is another jelly roll project but it involves some fussy cutting.  The fabric is above, Winter Impressions by Hoffman.  I bought a couple of yards a few years ago in the post Christmas fabric sale, without a plan in mind.  I liked it and figured something would come to me someday.  Has this ever happened to you?


Well, "someday" arrived.  I've been cutting 4.5" squares using my fussy cut ruler.  The fussy cut squares will be the center of the final blocks.


The idea for this quilt design flashed into my brain when I saw a fabric collection by Moda called Woodland Holiday at The Old Country Store, one of the quilt shops I visited on my Gettysburg family vacation.  I saw this fabric and knew right away what I was meant to make with it.  And it came in jelly rolls, which was the perfect way to get the variety I needed for the plan I had in mind.  It is really amazing how well this Moda collection coordinates with the older Hoffman fabric.  The backgrounds are even the same mottled ecru color.

I've made a start with the fussy cutting part and can cut into the jelly rolls in the evenings later this week.  Come back to check on my progress.

1 comment:

  1. I think I have that same bird fabric or at least something really similar. I can't wait to see what you make with it.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.