Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Christmas Fabrics/Christmas Quilts

Can  you ever have too many Christmas quilts?  Well, probably, but I'm not there yet.  It seems like there is a new collection (or two, or three) every year that are "must haves" for me. For several years, it was the Robyn Pandolph designs and then the 3 Sisters collections from Moda.  This year, I'm smitten with Moda's Woodland Holiday.

 
I bought some so you will be seeing it in a project soon, though not this month. 

I like the fresh, bright colors in 12 Days of Christmas by Kate Spain.



And my LQS has a very cute line called Be Merry, in both cotton and flannel.  I think it would make cute pajama pants for the winter months.



Of course, Christmas quilts don't have to be made out of a Christmas line of fabrics.  I made this very scrappy Christmas Stars quilt, using lots of general reds and greens.  The off-white I used for the stars is a snowflake print. 


And this log cabin was not based on any particular fabric collection, though many of the fabrics I used do have a Christmas motif, such as holly.



Are you working on any Christmas projects yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.