Sunday, March 22, 2009

Vintage Garden Quilt


I've mentioned this quilt before. I call mine Vintage Garden and I made it using the Vintage Rose pattern from The Pattern Basket. This quilt lives in our family/tv room, where we have a beige couch and dark green walls. I used a floral upholstered chair as the basis for selecting the fabrics for the nine patch blocks – those fabrics were all from my stash. I chose the beige and cream toile specially for this quilt; I think it was from a line by Ro Gregg called Heaven Can Wait but I made the quilt in 2007 so that fabric is probably long gone from store shelves.


This is an easy-to-make quilt but I just love how it came out. It combines three blocks: nine patch, rail fence, and plain squares, and is set on point with setting triangles and borders. It would be quite easy to vary the size.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.