Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Dresden Plate - Next Step

I made a trip to my local quilt shop to find the fabric I need for the next step in my Dresden plate project.  After auditioning a number of alternatives, I decided on this:


Hard to see but it is a beige on white vine print by Northcott. 

And for the center circles and the sashing, I selected this bright coral tone-on-tone.  Actually, it is a micro-dot in red and pink that reads as coral.  It is from the Ruby line by Moda.


I will be hand appliqueing the Dresden plates to the background, which could take awhile to finish.  But stay tuned!


3 comments:

  1. Just perfect background fabric and the Coral fabric is just gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you made excellent choices! I love the coral. Very striking against the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just discovered your blog and I LOVE your quilts. In fact I think I could just borrow your quilt bucket list and happily quilt for a long time! Your Changes quilt top is wonderful - I may have to try out that block. Thanks for all the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.