Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Dot Dot Dot...A Finished Quilt Top


Finally, all my appliqued circles are finished and assembled into a finished quilt top!  I used the pattern Dot Dot Dot by Laundry Basket Quilts (Edyta Sitar) and lots of small pieces from my stash to make this quilt.  Every "dot" is a different printed fabric and the background squares are a scrappy selection of off-white to ecru neutrals from my stash.  The original pattern is for a full size quilt but I "downsized" it with fewer dots to make a quilt that will fit my wall hanging space.  



This project has been in the works a long time.  I turned the edges under on my circles, though raw edge applique and fusible web is a very reasonable alternative, then machine appliqued the circles to the background squares.



When I finished the applique, I began assembling the quilt on my design panels, which I had to do in two parts because the panels are not big enough to hold the whole quilt (40" by 58" finished, with border).  There was a lot of moving pieces around and obsessing during this process to get the rainbow effect with the best balance of colors.  I wanted the greens on the outer edges because I planned to use a green border.  This will hang in my kitchen wall hanging spot and the kitchen is green and white.



Eventually I was pleased with the placement and the actual sewing together went fast.  



Now to get this quilted.  Fabric starching is underway for my next project!

photo signature_zps7mcw44cc.png



1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, very pretty! I've always wanted to make a circle quilt. I love your rainbow effect!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.