Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Maine-ly Sewing

Mr. Main Street and I are just back home from a five-day trip to Maine.  We went to Augusta for a reunion of the school where the Mister started his teaching career, then on to Camden for a mini vacation.  Camden is a wonderful little town to visit, very pretty with lots of good restaurants. 

On Monday, we drove south to Wiscasset, the actual town the Moda fabric line was named after.  Another pretty spot, with lots of antique and gift shops.  We wanted to eat at Red's, a well-known lobster shack.  It is tiny, with outdoor seating, but so well known that a line forms and stretches around the corner. 


While we were wating, I glanced up above the umbrella tables and saw this sign:


Maine-ly Sewing, a quilt shop!  I went in for a quick visit while Mr. Main Street waited in line to order lunch.  The shop is pretty small but with a nice selection.  I bought a specialty ruler there, only to find when I got home that I already had one.  Not the first time that has happened to me!

And as it turned out, the lunch was well worth the wait.  The best lobstah roll evah!  I mean it, if you are in the Wiscasset area you must go to Red's Eats.  If you are fortunate, the line will move quickly and your companion will wait while you run into Maine-ly Sewing.

I'll leave you with this picture of Camden Harbor, taken from Mount Battie. 



We stood on the hill and watched the Windjammer cruise boats motor out of the harbor then hoist sails - beautiful!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a great time.....Maine is beautiful....and the lobster.....what more can I say....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect trip ! Quilt shop & Lobster :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous! About 12 years ago our family of four from California spent two weeks on the east coast and one of those weeks we sailed out if Camden harbor on the Grace Bailey windjammer. We had the best time with our daughters exploring the coast eating the best seafood around. It was like heaven. We slept like babies on that boat and I can't wait to go back again! I miss that lobster and blueberry soup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome ! Just yesterday I was remembering our trip to Camden MN we made 4 yrs ago now. It was so pretty , we loved it and we stayed at the Harstone INN with the best gourmet food you can imagine . We stayed in one of the suits a little cottage courtesy of my mom and in the evenings they served us complimentary wine. How lovely it must have been for you, I hate the Jersey heat :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooops spelling correction we stayed at the http://www.hartstoneinn.com/about/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy - lobster rolls and fabric, sounds perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy - lobster rolls and fabric, sounds perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.