Thursday, August 16, 2012

Make One, Add Two

I used to participate in an online discussion of a series of historical novels (the Aubrey-Maturin series by Patrick O'Brian).  One of the other participants referrd to his "Mount To-Be-Read," the pile of books next to his nightstand waiting for his attention.  I also have a Mount To-Be-Read, though most of it is in an electronic queue on my Nook now.  But I also have a Mount To-Be-Made, those quilts I want to make in the near future.  The problem is that for every quilt I finish, two more find their way onto the list.

What's on Mount To-Be-Made now, you ask? 

1.  Some kind of hexagon quilt, probably similar to the project blogged at Fat Quarterly

2.  Geta's Modern Dresden design.

3.  Something using my Rouenneries fabric.  Rouenneries Deux has come and gone; I need to get this done before Rouenneries Trois comes out. 

4.  Something really scrappy, using my Fig Tree scraps.  The problem is, I don't have scraps yet, I have fat quarters.  So this one will have to wait until after I make a couple more in the Fig Tree Harvest project. 

5.  A kaleidescope quilt - maybe out of Fig Tree, then I'd have scraps and could move to #4.  Sounds like a plan!

What's on your Mount To-Be-Made?

2 comments:

  1. My "mount to be made" pile continues to get higher and deeper. I have two more precut projects 'in waiting' and the wheels keep on turning. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the best Mount To-Be-Made projects. Hexagons and dresdens would be on my list, too ... if I had one!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.