Monday, August 13, 2012

Christmas Stars Comes Home

Last summer I made a quilt top I called Christmas Stars.  I sent it to Linda Hrcka of The Quilted Pineapple to quilt for me and got it back last Friday.  Usually, I bind my quilts before I show them here as finished, but I can't wait to show you this one.  Linda's quilting is absolutely exquisite!


Above is a large portion of the quilt, and below are two of the individual blocks.  Linda used the same design in all the blocks, a design that nicely emphasizes the stars. 



Linda recommended quilting this quilt with two layers of  batting to make the quilting stand out more.  As a result, it almost looks like trapunto.  You can see the effect best on the borders, where Linda quilted gorgeous feathers.   



And how about the poinsetta in each corner!


Here's another view.  I plan to bind the quilt with the same red tone-on-tone I used for the sashing. 


I think this is my new most favorite quilt!  Linda might have more pictures on her blog or Pinterest site.  And if you like the block, I posted a tutorial for it last summer; you can find it here.

6 comments:

Glenda in Florida said...

What a gorgeous quilt! I followed Linda's link over here, and now have your blog bookmarked so I can check it often. I already clicked on your tutorial, and saved it to my "quilts to make" folder of favorites. Thanks for sharing your lovely work.

Darlene said...

Stunning - simply stunning!

Linda said...

Thank you again, Cathy!!! Christmas Starslooks beautiful in your photos! Its such a beautiful design! Enjoy!!!

Thelma said...

Wow, that quilt is breathtaking! I liked the pattern and your fabric choices, but Linda's quilting takes it to a whole different level. What a treasure. Do you think you'll only be able to use it at Christmas, I'm not sure I could put that quilt away for the rest of the year.

Sue said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! The quilting is AMAZING ! I agree with Thelma , I don't think I would put this one away after Christmas .

Margaret said...

That quilt is absolutely gorgeous. Stunning! Congrats to you and Linda for creating a gem. I know you'll enjoy it for years to come.