Monday, August 13, 2012

Christmas Stars Comes Home

Last summer I made a quilt top I called Christmas Stars.  I sent it to Linda Hrcka of The Quilted Pineapple to quilt for me and got it back last Friday.  Usually, I bind my quilts before I show them here as finished, but I can't wait to show you this one.  Linda's quilting is absolutely exquisite!


Above is a large portion of the quilt, and below are two of the individual blocks.  Linda used the same design in all the blocks, a design that nicely emphasizes the stars. 



Linda recommended quilting this quilt with two layers of  batting to make the quilting stand out more.  As a result, it almost looks like trapunto.  You can see the effect best on the borders, where Linda quilted gorgeous feathers.   



And how about the poinsetta in each corner!


Here's another view.  I plan to bind the quilt with the same red tone-on-tone I used for the sashing. 


I think this is my new most favorite quilt!  Linda might have more pictures on her blog or Pinterest site.  And if you like the block, I posted a tutorial for it last summer; you can find it here.

6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous quilt! I followed Linda's link over here, and now have your blog bookmarked so I can check it often. I already clicked on your tutorial, and saved it to my "quilts to make" folder of favorites. Thanks for sharing your lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you again, Cathy!!! Christmas Starslooks beautiful in your photos! Its such a beautiful design! Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that quilt is breathtaking! I liked the pattern and your fabric choices, but Linda's quilting takes it to a whole different level. What a treasure. Do you think you'll only be able to use it at Christmas, I'm not sure I could put that quilt away for the rest of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! The quilting is AMAZING ! I agree with Thelma , I don't think I would put this one away after Christmas .

    ReplyDelete
  5. That quilt is absolutely gorgeous. Stunning! Congrats to you and Linda for creating a gem. I know you'll enjoy it for years to come.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.