Tuesday, May 24, 2011

New Patterns

A big thank you to all the quilting bloggers who attend Quilt Market and post pictures of the booths and displays.  I love seeing all the new fabric and projects.  This time, a few patterns caught my eye so when I saw that Fat Quarter Shop had them in already (just days after Quilt Market ended), I placed an order.  My patterns arrived yesterday.

I've been wanting to try applique but been a little reluctant to start with a full size quilt, fearing it could easily turn into a UFO.  In photos of the Fig Tree booth at Market, I noticed several small wall hangings.  Each is approximately 18" by 22" which is a nice size to go in our powder room downstairs.  I couldn't decide which pattern to buy so ordered three.  I like them all but think I'll start with the robin.  This could be another hand work project for the summer.



Fig Tree has four of these patterns so far, but according to the copy on the pattern, there will eventually be 12 in the series.

Anglophile that I am, I could not pass up this pattern, called Victory Garden.  I thought it would make a good wall hanging for my kitchen (using just six blocks) but after reviewing the pattern directions, I see it is too big for that space.  Oh well, it will make a good lap quilt for when I watch Masterpiece on Sunday nights!  Or, I could Thelmasize the block.  Hmm...


I want to make my version using red, white, and blue floral prints.  I don't have much blue in my stash.  Oh well, must visit the quilt shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.