Monday, May 2, 2011

Halloween on Main Street

We'll be ready on Main Street when Halloween comes 'round.  My spiderweb project is a finished flimsy and I'm calling it Cobwebs

I used the white on black spiderweb print for the borders, as so many readers advised, and I think it was a good choice as it sets off the bright colors in the blocks so well.  I'm still not sure about the binding:  black, dark gray, orange? - but I can decide after it is quilted. 

If you are interested in making something similar, the tutorial I used for the spiderweb blocks is on the Quilt It blog.  Be careful how you handle the finished spiderweb blocks.  You end up with a lot of bias edges on the outer edges of the blocks and they can easily become distorted. 


Carol said...

It's just wonderful!

Linda said...

Love it and the name is perfect!