Monday, May 16, 2011

Mashup, Or My Latest Project

From Wikipedia:
In Web development, a mashup is a Web page or application that uses and combines data, presentation or functionality from two or more sources to create new services...The main characteristics of the mashup are combination, visualization, and aggregation.

My latest project is a bit of a mashup, drawing inspiration from several sources.

postcard found at a store in Paris


+

quilt that appeared in BHG Sew Scrappy special edition




+

Beach House fabric line by Blackbird Designs for Moda


I am using the project directions for the sawtooth star quilt from Sew Scrappy and using the Beach House fat quarters plus some additional background yardage to yield a design that will be similar in color to the quilt on the postcard.  Here's a close-up from the postcard:


 I've got it visualized in my head.  I hope the aggregation works out favorably.

1 comment:

  1. You have some great ideas for your next projects. Love the fabrics. Also would you mind sharing the size of the blocks for the summer romance quilt?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.