Saturday, July 10, 2010

Photo Software

I've been using Kodak Easyshare to edit and store my photographs.  I think I'm ready to upgrade.  Easyshare is easy to use but slow and the editing features are very limited. 

Besides the photographs I use in my blog, my pictures are from vacations and family events.  I don't do major editing; mostly cropping and a little color "fixing."  I'm not a scrapbooker but I like to make photo books to memorialize major vacations and events.  And I'm planning to scan lots of old (pre-digital) family photos for future use.

I've heard of Photoshop but if sounds like a lot more than I need.  Do you have any recommendations? What do you use? Please comment.

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I teach Photoshop classes, and while it's an amazing tool, it's almost like using a chainsaw to cut a pat of butter. It can be pretty complicated and it's easy to get lost in all the controls.

    You might want to look into Photoshop Elements, which has all the most common image editing features in an easier to digest format. If you want to get a little more involved, I have been using Adobe Lightroom. It makes editing pictures pretty easy and has some great organization features, too.

    If you want to scan a lot of pictures, please come check out www.snaphaven.com

    SnapHaven is an online photo backup service with lifetime guaranteed photo storage. To encourage people to backup their pictures, SnapHaven is offering free photo scanning with the purchase of a backup membership. Please come check it out at www.snaphaven.com/freescan.html

    -Mike

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.