Friday, July 2, 2010

Brand New Day or Christmas Day?

Not sure what I'll be calling this quilt but I've made a good start.  I have the pieces cut for the star blocks.



Some of the larger floral prints I'm using are perfect for fussy cutting.  And I have just the tool - my Quilt in a Day Fussy Cut Trio Rulers.  You know, one of those tools I bought at a quilt show, seemed like a "must have" at the time, but has not seen the light of day since it went into the quilting paraphernalia drawer in the studio.  Well, I've discovered it is a very useful tool and am putting two sizes to to use on this project.

The set has three rulers:  3.5 inches square, 4.5 inches square, and 6.5 inches square.  Each is clear, heavy plastic, with the quarter inch seam allowances marked.  There are lines marked diagonally from corner to corner and they help you center any motif on your block.  If you look closely, you can just make out the diagonal lines in the photo below, which shows the ruler positioned on top of the fabric piece after cutting. 


I used the ruller here to center the flowers on what will be the center square of a star block. 

Now that I've cut out the star blocks, I need to get sewing.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.