Friday, August 21, 2009

Friday Find - Style Evolution



I have made a great effort this year, trying to be frugal so as to save more to reinvigorate our retirement savings. I seriously cut back on buying clothes. But I am now feeling the need to revamp my wardrobe, give it bit of an update for the fall. My favorite stores are calling to me! However, I can't go crazy - I need to focus on picking up just a few things that will give my wardrobe some needed oomph.


So when I saw this book, Style Evolution, by Kendall Farr, I thought it might have some good advice. The subtitle is How to Create Ageless Personal Style in Your 40s and Beyond. Hmm, 40s and Beyond, that's me. And I certainly would like to have ageless style, don't want to dress like a teen wannabe nor like a frump. Well, I highly recommend this book to anyone who feels the same way, and I don't think you need to be 40+ to find it helpful. The author is full of style tips for bodies that aren't 6' tall and don't wear size 4, what looks good and imparts a sense of personal style without looking like you tried to too hard (even if you put a lot of work into it), or went shopping in your 15-year-old daughter's closet.


It is a really good guide to use to reevaluate your wardrobe, figure out what's working for you and what isn't, and what you really need to get for the coming season. I have some ideas, and more confidence about putting them into practice, after having read Style Evolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.