Thursday, July 28, 2016

Double Nine Patch Blocks


About three weeks ago, I began work on a project totally from my fabric stash.  Work was interrupted first when Mr. Main Street and I went on a short get-away to the Lake Champlain area (New York and Vermont), then again when I caught a nasty summer cold.  The cold is nearly gone now and I am back at the sewing machine.  Here's what I have to show for it:


Twenty double nine-patch blocks finished and ready to go in the setting.  The pattern is Plantation Road, from the book Tributes and Treasures by Paula Barnes and Mary Ellen Robison.  I have a green and cream toile print to alternate with the pieced blocks.    


Time to get it all sewn together.  


 photo signature_zps7mcw44cc.png

2 comments:

  1. I love your blocks. I forgot I had this book. Lots of inspiration in it. I think I need to make some of these blocks. Can't wait to see them all put together. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simplicity of that block and how easy it is to find just the perfect fabrics in the stash. It's a great pattern for showing off a toile. Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.