Monday, August 15, 2016

Quilt Top From Stash

I finished the quilt top I started with fabric from my stash.  The double nine patch blocks are set on point with alternating blocks.


Not having to piece those alternate blocks sure saves time!

I used a double border, just like the pattern directions.  First, a narrow border in green tone-on-tone.


The outer border is fabric from an old Blackbird Designs collection for Moda, red and tan flowers on a green background.  This is the fabric that inspired the fabric choices for the rest of the quilt.  

My quilt top used 20 double nine patch blocks and is 70" by 83" which is smaller than the Plantation Road quilt in the book.  Still, it will be a generous size for a couch quilt.  


I'm happy with this quilt top now that it is made because it will go very nicely in our family room.  However, during the construction process, I came to realize that this look is no longer really me, that my aesthetic has moved in the modern direction.  

Next, I will try to piece the back from stash.



 photo signature_zps7mcw44cc.png

3 comments:

  1. Your quilt taste may have changed, but you still have a beautiful quilt there. I suppose it won't do any good to offer it a home in the event that you decide your family room really doesn't need it? Nah, I didn't think so. ;) Don't you just love using up stash fabric? That's been a goal of mine for a couple of years now. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is lovely and it's always exciting when a quilt is made entirely from the stash. That's the problem when we hold on to fabric too long. Our styles change or our once favorite color is no longer the fave. Let's see how much you can use up for the backing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty quilt! I feel your pain - I have half a stash that doesn't really fit me anymore. I hold out hope that it will be perfect for scrap quilts though -- where I can mix both the old and the new!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.