Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Design Wall 2.0

Last year, I made my first design wall - two pieces of insulation board from the hardware store covered in batting.  Not much to look at but very useful.

 
But now I have have this rod for quilt display hanging where the design wall was placed.  The clip-on curtain hooks gave me a new idea!
 

What if I hang a piece of flannel from the curtain hooks?  Easy to put away when the room has to revert to guest room...



...and it does the job!

 
I still have the insulation board design wall, stored in the basement, just in case I need it. 
 
 
 

5 comments:

Aunt 'Reen said...

Great idea for a design wall and very pretty too!

Kyle said...

Good thinking! The boards are just so big and hard to hide.

JoAnne said...

Wonderful idea.

Sue said...

Great idea :-D

Sarah said...

Do you have to pin blocks to the flannel or do they just stick? I have been wondering this for a while. Great idea with the curtain rod and clips.