Thursday, June 6, 2013

Globe Trotting - Finished


Back in March, I showed you this flimsy, called Globe Trotting.



Now Globe Trotting is a true finish, quilted and bound.


 
Karen Thompson did the quilting, using an all-over design of swirling feathers and little circles. I don't usually wash my finished quilts right away but I washed this one to see if washing would remove the little bit of stiffness from the interfacing and it did. 


I bound the quilt using the same raspberry pink solid I used in the blocks. 


And the backing is a Fig Tree Designs print I got on sale. 


Globe Trotting is in place on my reading chair, though with summer here, it will be some months before I need it.

 
Globe Trotting is one my Fig Tree Harvest quilts; all the quilts are on my Fig Tree Harvest page (tab at top of blog) hereMy tutorial for the Many Trips Around the World block can be found here.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

That is gorgeous. You do amazing work Cathy.

Sue said...

LOVE IT ! Great finish !

Kyle said...

Your quilt is lovely and looks fantastic on your cream chair. Your tutorial is great. I've had one of these trip quilts on my list for awhile. I can't decide to do scrappy or controlled like yours. Beautiful job!

JoAnne said...

It is so pretty! I can't wait to wash my quilts when they are finished so they get all crinkly and soft.

Rose said...

Love the quilt. I noticed that there are no borders. Is that how the pattern was or did you make that decision? I finished my first quilt without borders and it seemed "strange". I also like to wash my quilts after finishing, it gives it that used look.