Monday, March 8, 2010

Pillowcase Crochet Along

You might have noticed from the button on my sidebar that I am participating in On The Edge Pillowcase Crochet Along.  It arose out of my obsession interest in making pillowcases or pillow shams to coordinate with the quilts I've made for our beds.  Examples of the pillowcases can be seen here while information on the project itself is at the blog You Go Girl.

So, our first assignment is to gather the materials - fabric, yarn, and a crochet hook.  I wanted to use the fabric from my stash that matches various quilts.


My first thought was to use this fabric left from a quilt I made for my mom.  Matching pillowcases would make a good Mother's Day gift.  Though the fabric is greener than it looks in the photo, it is not as bright as the yarn.  Not a good match.



This fabric is left over from a quilt I made for out guest room.  Still, the yarn seems a little bright. 



You can hardly go wrong with white and this pale pink ticking stripe will go well in our bedroom.  Though it does not match any quilt, it will coordinate with a few of them.  So I think this is what I will use for my first effort.  I'll try to find yarn that better matches the other fabrics for a later project.

Wish me well!  I haven't crocheted in over 20 years; I'm hoping it comes back, like riding a bicycle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.