1. A cold cereal mix of Fiber One and Trader Joe's Ginger Cashew Granola. I love this granola and mixing it with the Fiber One cuts the calories while upping the fiber content.
2. Hot oatmeal - I make mine in the Crock Pot. Mix 1 cup of steel cut oats with 4 cups of vanilla almond milk (a vegan milk alternative, sold near regular milk in the supermarket - lower in calories than skim milk and I like the flavor); cook on low for 3 1/2 hours, stirring several times during the last 90 minutes to keep the oatmeal from sticking to the sides of the pot. This makes 4 servings. I refrigerate in individual, lidded bowls, then add about a tablespoon of milk and microwave for 90 seconds to re-heat. Liven up by mixing in one of the following add-ins:
- 5 chopped walnuts and a tablespoon of pumpkin butter (or apple butter)
- 1 tablespoon of low-sugar fruit spread
- 1/4 cup of unsweentened applesauce
- 1/2 a banana, sliced
With a cup of coffee (I take my coffee black, no sugar, even when not dieting so no way to cut back on calories there), this tides me over until lunch most days. If not, I have an apple or clementine as a late morning snack.
weight lost this week: 2.5 pounds
weight lost YTD: 2.5 pounds
Yep, I'm happy with that!