Monday, January 11, 2010

Dresden Plate




I had my quilting friends over to my house Sunday afternoon for a few hours of craft and gab.  We are an informal group meeting on an irregular basis, pretty much when we feel like it and can all get together, which winds up being every six weeks or so. We usually do handwork when we get together.  Two of the ladies were hand sewing binding down, one worked on her English-pieced hexagons, and I hand appliqued a few Dresden Plate blocks.


I started these blocks a few years ago, inspired by a quilt in the Alex Anderson Neutral Essentials book.  I work on it every now and then, when I need a handwork project.  I have thirteen blocks that now need the center circle added then I will need to figure out the setting and size.  I think I will need to make more blocks to get the quilt to a decent size.  This quilt is on "my list" for 2010 to finish this year.  I think I need to get my friends together more often if I am to have any hope of finishing it this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.