Friday, June 5, 2009

Friday Find - Pret A Manger


I came across Pret A Manger the day I went to NYC to see the Paula Nadelstern exhibit. It is inexpensive, not-quite-fast food. They sell sandwiches along with coffee, tea, juices, water, plus chips and baked goods for dessert. The sandwiches are pre-made (they refer to them as “just made,” meaning minutes ago) and packaged in attractive triangular boxes then shelved in refrigerated cases, as shown in the photo. I like that they sell half sandwiches in addition to whole; often, half a sandwich is enough for my middle-aged metabolism. The combinations are creative without being crazy and I found the quality good and fresh. I really enjoyed my Cubano with a cup of coffee. There are a few tables and chairs inside to sit at, kind of like Starbucks, and they appear to do a big take-out business.

I wish they had a store near my home. But I will re-visit on my next trip to NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.