Thursday, June 11, 2009

Salvaged Selvages Inspiration Notebook


It has been work, work, and more work here at Quilting on Main Street this week, and none of it quilting related! But I did manage to whip up this little notebook cover last Sunday. I used leftover Fig Tree fabrics I had from making Mon Petit Chou and decided to make the selvage edges part of the design. The pad inside is a basic graph paper school notebook from Staples. I will use this for sketching ideas and sticking in pictures I cut from magazines, things I can refer back to when I need ideas for a project.

If you would like to make your own notebook cover, the blog Bloom has a good tutorial. I didn't make mine quite the same way; for one thing, I did not use interfacing because the Staples notebook seemed stiff enough. I did take pictures of the process as I made it so maybe I'll put a tutorial together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.