Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Back From Vacation


We are back from our family vacation in Cape Cod. We had a wonderful, relaxing time! My mom rented a house in Chatham and we all gathered there - my mom, my sister and her family, and me and my family. Chatham is a wonderul, old-fashioned town right at the "elbow" of the Cape, with its own harbor, light house, and beach, and easy accessibility to other parts of the Cape. If you go, be sure to visit Marion's Pies! We had raspberry and a mixed berry - both wonderful, and we had the seafood casserole and crab cakes. The crab cakes were some of the best I've ever had. We also went to Cooke's in Orleans for the lobster rolls and to the Chatham Bars Inn for a celebratory family dinner.


We had a couple of rainy days so I took off one morning for the local quilt shops. Tumbleweed Quilts is in West Barnstable, at the junction of Route 6A and Route 132. They have a huge selection of fabric, including the biggest selection of Kaffe Fassett prints I have ever seen. Definitely worth a visit if you are in the area. I also went to Heartbeat Quilts in Hyannis. This store is a little hard to find, hidden behind the offices of Wachovia Securities, but well worth it because they also have a big selection, including lots of patterns and books plus lots of sample quilts on display. It is also a good place for "beachy" print fabrics. I had to restrain myself and not get carried away with purchases. I bought a few more blues and golds for my current project and some background for an applique project I want to start later this summer.



I took along quite a pile of books, just in case. I finished Prayers for Sale and People of the Book (both very good) and started Bel Canto. I think the others will return to MountToBeRead for a future trip.


Now it's back to the regularly scheduled life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.