Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Quilt Show Vendors Are The Best!

While I enjoy the quilt show exhibits and find a lot to inspire me, it is the vendors I like best.  What can I say, my husband will tell you I was born to shop!

I took my Fabric Hoarder tote bag to the show, along with a certain feeling of liberation brought on by having destashed a little earlier in the week.  But I refrained from going wild; in fact, I did not buy much.  I was looking for layer cakes from some of the new fabric collections but did not see any (lots of charm packs available though).  I picked up a selection of fat quarters of red Kaffe Fassett prints, to go with the yellow, green, and blue I bought last year.  I have something in mind for these and needed to round out my supply.

 
 
And I made a couple of impulse pattern purchases.  These patterns came from different vendors.  The pattern on the right is for an iPad case.  The vendor had a sample made up and I liked it better than the case I have now.  It looks fairly easy to make and will be a way to use some of the pretty fabric I have in my stash.  I'm thinking of making some as Christmas gifts too.


The pattern on the left uses jelly roll strips wrapped around batting and woven.  The pattern is officially for a purse or wallet but I checked out the sample and think it can easily be adapted to iPad or Kindle size.  I have some batik jelly rolls I bought on my trip to Hawaii that I might use for this project.  Stay tuned.  The vendor I bought this pattern from had devoted their entire space to Aunties Two patterns, with many samples made up, plus all the supplies like the batting and clothes line you need to make them.  I've seen some of the patterns before but never made any.  They are cleverly designed and can take on a more conservative look when made with a more subtle color palette.

It looks like I have enough to keep busy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.