Tuesday, September 24, 2013

I Was Tempted At The Quilt Show

I did my bit for the quilting economy and made some purchases at the quilt show last week (Pennsylvania National Quilt Extravaganza XX).  My first purchase was this basket from Ghana, sold by French Connections, a vendor of French fabric and African baskets.  I'm planning to use it to hold either my upcoming project or scraps in my sewing room.  The vendor had some more colorful baskets which were beautiful but I chose this simple design to match the color scheme in my sewing room.  It came in handy as a shopping basket for the rest of my purchases.


Last year (or maybe in 2011), I bought a set of rulers called Leaves Galore.  I haven't used them yet but have good intentions so this year I picked up a book by the originator of the ruler.  While Leaves Galore has videos on YouTube, I thought this book would be a handy reference for how to use the rulers plus it has directions for several projects.

 
This is what a Leaves Galore ruler looks like. 



I am determined to make something bright and modern from Kaffe Fassett fabric.  I  have a few fat quarters already but saw these coordinated fat quarter packs and they called out to me.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them but when I decide, you'll see it here.


I needed some more greens for my stash and a vendor called The Christmas Shoppe had a great selection so I picked up eight half-yard pieces.


Miraculously for me, I did not buy any rulers or other gadgets.  I did see a demo of the log cabin square up ruler from Creative Grids.  I didn't buy one at the show but I could be tempted if I decide to make another log cabin quilt.  I'm trying to figure out if a regular 8" ruler could be used in a similar fashion.

3 comments:

  1. Your additions are lovely. Baskets are perfect for storing upcoming projects. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that leaf ruler I bought one a few years ago
    I use it mark little quilts to hand quilt :)
    the basket is beautiful
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.