Sunday, July 31, 2011

Christmas in July Wrap-Up

Miss Main Street and I just returned home from a 10-day trip to visit to my mother in Michigan and tour collge campuses (Miss Main Street will graduate from high school in 2013).  We drove from NJ out to Evanston, IL, by way of Pittsburgh, then back-tracked to Michigan before driving home yesterday.  I was able to post to my blog due to the miracle of modern technology but was not doing any major sewing. 

As a result, the only project I finished during my month long Christmas holiday sew-a-thon was the Misty Pines wall hanging.



I'm ready to put the borders on my Christmas stars quilt top then send it to the quilter.  Thank you for your advice on the border fabric choice!  I have an idea how to proceed and will show you how it all comes out.


During the trip, I worked on the wooly thingies for the wreath picture; I have a big pile completed and am almost to the point of putting them on the background fabric.


I'll be continuing work on these projects to get them done in August.  I have some other holiday projects in mind but think I might save them (or at least one of them) for the month of December. 

Lynn is almost finished with her Christmasy star quilt.  It looks fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.