Friday, July 1, 2011

Christmas in July - Day 1

I've had a tough week and have so been looking forward to this four-day weekend!  It is July 1, the start of Christmas in July Quilt Along. 


Alice and Lynn have decided to join me in this month-long focus on quilting for Christmas.  They are listed over there to the right in my sidebar.   Check out what they are up to; you are sure to be inspired!  If you would like to join us, leave a comment here and I will add you to the list. 

I'm going to start off with something small and fast.  My LQS, Pennington Quilt Works, hosts an annual Holiday Open House where they showcase ten to twelve Christmas and winter-themed projects.  The women who work in the store select the projects, make up samples, then kit them up for sale.  It is always a source of ideas for me.  A couple of years ago (I think in 2009), I bought the kit for Misty Pine after seeing the sample in the store.


Misty Pine is a small wallhanging, perfect for one of those small spaces in a bathroom or hallway that is just crying out for decoration. 

For some reason, I did not even start the project in 2009 and by 2010, the kit had become buried in the quilt supply closet.  I found it last winter during a big clean-out and reorganization and put it with my priority PIGS*.  Its time has come!



These are the fabrics that came in the kit.  Time to get started.  Come back tomorrow to check my progress.

*PIGS - Projects In Grocery Sacks (though I keep mine in sweater bags from the dry cleaner), a term I user for supplies purchased with a specific use in mind, but not yet started. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.