Friday, April 22, 2011

Decisions, Decisions

I finished all the spiderweb blocks and sewed them together - slowly, a little bit every night this week.


Originally, I was not planning on borders, just a black binding (after quilting, of course, but it's not quilted yet).  But I started wondering what a border would do.

The border can't be very wide because I'm making this to hang in my kitchen quilt spot where the maximum width is 40 inches.  The top is already 34.5" without any borders, giving me a maxium border width of just under 3 inches per side.

But what about this black-on-orange cobweb print?


Or, this white-on-black cobweb print?  Decisions, decisions.


I'm kind of leaning towards the black, but what do you think?  And what about the binding?

9 comments:

  1. Cindy T near TulsaApril 22, 2011 at 8:16 AM

    Black, definitely the black border. I love the way this quilt turned out. I very much enjoy your blog and seeing what beautiful quilts you create.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Cindy on the black border, and I think I'd just go with the same fabric for binding. Wouldn't want to detract at all from your beautiful spider webs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Halloween spider web quilt is just beautiful. I liked both borders but the black doesn't take away from your blocks. Keep posting your creativity please, love to look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. do the black border and a thin orange binding! I love how this is turning out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the black border and I think the orange for binding would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the black border more too. And I would make the same (black) binding.
    Happy Easter Holidays,
    Jana in Prague, Czech Republic

    ReplyDelete
  7. The black border seemed to make the blocks pop more! After the borders are attached maybe the binding in orange would be a nice touch?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that went fast. It looks great. I would go with the black fabric for the border and use orange or purple for the binding.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.