Sunday, April 19, 2009

My Favorite Quilt



Amy@ParkCityGirl organized Bloggers' Quilt Festival as an excuse for bloggers to show off their favorite quilts (like we need an excuse, ha ha!). Here's mine: Queen Anne's Lace.


I made this quilt in 2005 using mostly pink-flowers-on-white fabrics from Moda's Paris Flea Market line, with a little pink and green tossed in. The block is half log cabin, set on point. I fell in love with that Paris Flea Market line as soon as I saw it in my LQS. I bought a yard of each of my favorite prints then admired it and fondled it at home until I came up with a scheme for using it. I mixed in a few extras then bought additional yardage for the setting triangles and borders. I still have some leftovers so they may make an appearance in a new project eventually.

Here's a close-up.




Queen Anne's Lace was machine quilted with a lacy feather pantograph by Karen of Poppy Court Machine Quilting and lives on our bed during the summer months.

Go visit Amy; she's got links to over 300 bloggers showing their favorite quilts! I'm getting lots of ideas.

19 comments:

Vicki said...

Oh, so pretty! I love those pinks and whites.

anne bebbington said...

This is so pretty Cathy - so feminine and fresh looking

Susan said...

I love the soft colors great jobs thanks for sharing
hugs
Susan

Zonnah said...

It's very pretty :) I love the colors.

Carol said...

Very feminine and pretty. Works really well with teh quilt pattern.

scrappy quilter said...

Very soft and so pretty. Love the colors in this quilt.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Soft and dreamy quilt. So pretty.

Bunny said...

I love the softness of the colors. It is so pretty.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Oh my goodness, this quilt takes my breath away. Very beautiful!

Miri said...

Wonderful! A quilt after my own heart! Just beautiful!

Susan said...

Pretty fabrics.

happy zombie said...

Sooooooooo beautiful! And I love your edge too.

Amy @ Park City Girl said...

It's beautiful! I love the soft colors - thanks for sharing :)

stitchinpenny said...

I love the very subtle coloration and the way it works with the pattern. The result is stunning.

Catherine said...

I love it! Paris Flea Market is a gorgeous line of fabric and your quilt shows it off beautifully!

Stephanie D. said...

So lovely and feminine! Reminds me of baby girl dresses.

Mandy said...

Your quilt is beautiful.

mreteveian said...

Congratulations on the draw for the prize, - you made a lovely quilt and it was great to see it at this festival!

Amanda said...

This is beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails