Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Little Blocks 365 Update

I've been working on my blocks from the Little Blocks 365 quilt along.  These are 3 inch blocks constructed using the foundation paper piecing method.  The organizer, Sentimental Stitches,  releases seven new blocks every Friday and after a year, you will have 365 blocks.  I'm enjoying this project, though foundation paper piecing is not my favorite method so I have pieced some the simpler blocks using traditional piecing.  

This is where I was at my last update:




This is where I am today:


Sorry for that glare; the sun was shining in the window behind my "design boards."  To keep organized, I'm working on my blocks in rainbow color order, currently tackling yellow and green.  I only need 56 blocks for my setting so I don't make every block released, just those that especially appeal to me.  And I've subbed in a few favorite blocks from other sources, like the heart.  

I need seven more blocks to complete my planned setting, though I will probably make more so I can be picky and just include the best ones in the final quilt.  I'm getting a lot of enjoyment out of this quilt along and may join another next year.  


photo signature_zps7mcw44cc.png


3 comments:

  1. Your blocks are so pretty! The rainbow effect is really nice. I have stalled out making mine mainly because I can't figure out what to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how youve taken these blocks in a whole new direction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like such a fun project. Some of them look like quite a challenge at that little size too. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.