Monday, January 4, 2021

2021 Quilting Intentions

Happy 2021!  I'm hopeful it will be an improvement over 2020.

A year ago, when thinking about my quilting plans for 2020, my main intention was to devote more time to quilting.  Well, the corona virus pandemic sure helped with that!  My other plan was to tackle some UFOs and use more of my fabric stash.  I consider myself quite successful on these fronts as I made five quilt tops using primarily stash fabric:


Love in the Time of Covid-19:  background, backing, and binding from stash, heart from a new charm pack. 


Mabel Mae:  totally made from stash.



Sunshine on a Cloudy Day:  totally from stash.  This top has been quilted but I still need to bind it.



Trip Around the World quilt:  made mostly from stash, has been quilted but needs binding (and a name).



Stardust:  made from stash except for backing.  Still a flimsy, needs to be quilted, etc.

But the truth is that these quilts made barely a dent in my stash!  My intent is to continue to focus on using my stash and completing UFOs/PIGs/kits in 2021 but that doesn't have to be my sole quilting "thing" and I do have my eye on a few new fabric collections coming out in the first half of 2021.  I also want to make some progress on my hexagon flowers and Dot Dot Dot.  Both of these quilts involve a lot of handwork and I started them as portable/travel projects.  However, with little reason to leave the house lately, I've been doing machine work rather than handwork.  I doubt the travel situation will change for the next few months but I think I will devote a few hours a month to these handwork projects anyway.  

I'm actually going to start 2021 with a few smaller, Christmas projects.  These are things I originally intended to make in 2020 but I lost my quilting mojo for a couple of months in the fall and they fell by the wayside.  I'm re-excited about them now so will tackle them while I have the urge.  Then I'll be ahead when Christmas 2021 comes around.

Do you have any specific quilting plans for the year?


photo signature_zps7mcw44cc.png

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous colors, fabrics and designs in your 2020 finishes. I wonder how many quilts does it take to make a dent in the stash. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your color choices always inspire me. I think I might have missed Sunshine on a Cloudy Day. I'd love to know the name of the pattern, or perhaps it's your own design. Just gorgeous.
    (bolderbaker.at.gmail.dot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love to see your quilts! It tickles me how many of the fabrics you use I have in my own stash. You do such lovely work! Thanks for sharing with us. Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy, you had a good productive year! I also enjoyed looking through your impressive collection of Christmas quilts -- I don't have any (except for a few little throws) and would like to make some. I feel your pain about the quilt tops not using up much fabric stash. I have way more than all my friends and I could ever use. ;-( XO

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.