Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Yet Another Christmas Quilt

Thank you for all the kind comments on my Christmas quilt posts.  

I made another one!  Meet Stardust:



I'm so happy with how it came out (it looks better in real life; too much sun and glare in the photo).



Stardust is about 70" square and made up of 4" sawtooth star blocks with sashing and plain blocks, in a diagonal setting.


The directions came from the Oct. 2020 issue of American Patchwork & Quilting and the original quilt was designed by Sherri McConnell using her own fabric line for Moda.  




I used a Christmas fabric line called Jingle All The Way, by Nancy Halvorsen.  I've had this in my stash for a few years, so yes, another stash quilt.  The magazine directions have you make the stars out of 10" squares of fabric (layer cake squares) but I had a jelly roll and was able to get three stars out of each strip, with a little left over.  I didn't need all the strips so I removed the lights and the turquoise colors from the set and saved them for another project.  

I like this quilt so much, I am thinking about making another using my Fig Tree fabric leftovers. But before that, I need to get this one quilted.  I have a flannel sheet to use for the back (white, with polka dots in red and two shades of green).  Karen, my long-time longarm quilting collaborator, has retired to pursue her own creative endeavors so I am on the lookout for a new-to-me longarmer.  I found Karen via my LQS but the store is not open now because of the Covid situation in NJ (just online and phone orders for mail or pickup).  While it is not like I need this done right away, let me know if you have any recommendations.

I'll be back soon with a 2020 wrap up and my plans for 2021.

photo signature_zps7mcw44cc.png

4 comments:

  1. I have really enjoyed your 12 days of Christmas quilts. Love how you use so many fabrics that are in your stash. Machine quilter at thequiltedpineapple.com. Check out her webpage.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Jingle all the Way. The fabric looks very cute in this design. Nice to add a new quilt to your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband took the longarm class at Quilting Possibilities and they closed. He took the class at Olde City Quilts on the Innova and loved it. Because of Covid, they are not allowing customers to quilt, but I've had them do one for me and the work is fantastic. I would highly recommend them. Judy is a lovely person.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.