Monday, November 24, 2014

Impulse Purchase - Regent Street Lawns

I've long admired Liberty of London fabrics but resisted using them in my quilting because they are quite expensive.  Last week, a new (to me, anyway) collection from Moda called Regent Street Lawns caught my eye and I poked the necessary computer buttons.  I now own a 22-piece fat quarter collection.



Lawn is slightly thinner and silkier than the usual cotton fabric for quilting.  This particular collection from Moda is very similar in look and feel to Liberty fabrics but comes at the price of regular quilting fabric from the quilt shop.  Shabby Fabrics and Bear County Cottons have some in stock if you want to see more.

I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do with it, but am thinking of using navy solid for the background, whatever it turns out to be. 

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, it will be fun to work with those fabrics. I'll be eager to see what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty fabrics!
    I look forward to seeing what you come up with for these. I just know it will be something beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.