Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Sunday Outing

On Sunday, I met three quiting fiends for brunch and a mini shop hop.  We started in Mount Holly (NJ), with brunch at Robin's Nest, followed by some browsing at The Village Quilter


Mount Holly's downtown is a quaint spot to visit, with unique shops (not chain stores).  Our brunch was very good, with frequent but unobtrusive service that allowed us to chat over our meals.  Then we headed over the quilt shop, which is next to the restaurant's parking lot.  I was trying to be good, with a shopping list I planned to stick to.  The list fell by the wayside though when I saw a quilt on display.  Did they have kits?  Of course!  So one came home with me.   The label on the kit indicated the pattern was included but the pattern turns out to be a page of directions so I think I will make this soon, while the sample quilt is fresh in my mind.  So more on that in the days to come.

After The Village Quilter, we headed over to Burlington, to Olde City Quilts.  This is a large store, with a lavish fabric selection and loads of patterns.  They are also dealers for Bernina sewing machines and Gammill longarm quilting machines.  I found a couple of the items on my list, needed for upcoming projects.  I will definitely be going back here.  It is not too far from home, the selection is large, and the staff is helpful. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.