Tuesday, November 23, 2010

You've Got Mail!

Fat Quarter Shop was having a sale on Halloween fabrics so I placed an order.  And as long as I was ordering some fabric, I threw a few other things into the cart. 

Joseph's Coat is on my lifetime quilt bucket list; I've been following the quilt-along on Don't Look Now (following, not participating).  I'll get to it someday.  So when I saw this Australian Patchwork & Quilting cover, I thought I should pick it up.  Kellie on Don't Look Now is teaching a mostly applique method of making this quilt but the magazine instructions are for curved seam piecing.  Well, I have plenty of time to figure out which method I want to try.



And I threw in a couple of patterns.  I saw this basket quilt calle Petit Fours by Fig Tree in blog photos of the Fall Quilt Market.  A basket quilt is also on my list.  I'm thinking of making this using my hoarded stash of Paris Flea Market, a Moda fabric collection from six or seven years ago.  After seeing all the Paganinis in the La Petite parade of projects, well, it had to go on my list too.


And the real purpose of my purchase, a good deal on some Halloween fabric.  This will be the back of my spider web quilt.  



I'm pretty excited about the spider web quilt and would like to start it now. But it doesn't seem quite right to be working on a Halloween project in December.  Anyway, must finish the Christmasy projects then get the room straightened out.  So this wil be a 2011 project.  I just hope I don't lose the love.

2 comments:

  1. Love the cover of that magazine. Gorgeous. Nice patterns. I love Paganini!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how many people are hoarding their Paris Flea Market fabric. It was a great line. I have heard of so many people who say they have it in their stash. I wasn't on the quilting bandwagon yet but came on soon enough thereafter to have a Gingham Rose stash that I couldn't make myself cut into........ until I found a Blackbird Designs pattern that made me brave. The Petit Fours pattern is adorable. Onward and Upward.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.