Sunday, November 8, 2009

Mail Call - Blended Borders Book

A box from Amazon arrived in the mail on Friday, with this book inside:



I find the technique, a variation on Broderie Perse, very interesting. The quilts shown have very simple blocks in the center, with the borders enhanced with motifs cut from large scale fabrics, mostly large florals.

I was very taken with this particular quilt. I may give it a try.



One word of warning: there is not much instruction in the book. There are only a few projects with basic directions provided, then a gallery of photos of additional quilts that use the technique. That's fine with me. I'd rather come up with my own variation on the theme, and am unlikely to locate the same fabric used in the samples anyway. But I think a beginner would
have trouble with the lack of detailed directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.