Monday, March 30, 2009

A Weekend Finish


I gave the new Bernina a workout this weekend, making this tote bag for Miss Main St. She is turning 14 in April and likes Japanese anime and manga so when I saw this fabric on eQuilter.com I thought it would make a good tote bag for her. It was a great project for testing out the features on my new machine - zipper foot (there is a zippered pocket in the lining), the edge stitch foot (makes topstitching a breeze), different needle positions. I am loving it!


I used a pattern from U-Handbag. Check this site out if you like making purses and bags. She sells supplies and patterns and has lots of free tutorials. I'm going to try one of the clutches with a metal frame sometime. I might start small and make a case for my sunglasses.


Miss Main St. objects to the use of wrapping paper on environmental impact concerns so I'll use this bag as the "wrapper" for her other presents. Now I need to decide what to do next. I'd like to start a new quilting project but have Christmas Pickle in process. I'm afraid if I don't get on with it, it will become a UFO.

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful quilt tops you have here! I love the new "wrapping paper" too. And I noticed that you're in NJ -- do you know of any quilt shops in the Eatontown/Redbank area? I travel there for work sometimes and it's the hardest place to figure out! I need a fabric fix LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.