Monday, May 20, 2019

Making Courthouse Steps Blocks

For several days, I've been occupied with making tiny Courthouse Steps blocks.  These blocks finish at 4.5" square, with each "step" a half inch wide. There are 17 pieces in each block, so lots of opportunities for things to go wonky.  I'm taking my time in an effort to piece accurately.  So far, so good, and I've only had to "un-sew" a couple of times. 


The fabric is from a jelly roll I've had in my stash for a few years.  It is batik fabric is shades of blue, green, and turquoise, with a little purple thrown in.  The center of each block is solid black (Kona black).


More on my plan for these little blocks in my next post.

 photo signature_zps7mcw44cc.png

5 comments:

  1. I saw this post and thought "Perfect, I've been wanting to do that block." I saw how small they are and thought how you're doing beautiful work at a size I can't imagine. Looking forward to the next post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute little blocks and you sure have patience to work these....it will be worth it. Love these Cathy and can't wait to see what you are doing with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty -- I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll do with these cute little blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.