Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Christmas and Birthday Gifts For the Quilter

I had a wonderful four-day break from work for Thanksgiving and spent some of it at my keyboard doing my Christmas shopping.  My in-box was stuffed with special discounts and sales from every website and retailer I've visited, Black Friday this and Cyber Monday that, including some of my favorite quilting supply websites.  I gave in to temptation at The Fat Quarter Shop and bought a little birthday present for myself.  I'm sharing in case it provides some inspiration for what to get the quilter in your life.

First, and barely visible in the photo below, text print quilt backing for a future quilt.  These wide backing fabrics are convenient, especially for larger quilts and when you don't have yardage to piece together for the back.  This piece is from Moda and I like the quality and silky feel.  Then a bundle of 20 fat quarters of solid fabric in a rainbow spectrum.  I'm not sure what I'm going to make with this but I've been obsessed with rainbow quilts lately and even have a Pinterest board devoted to them. 




I also got two patterns, SkyDust because it looks like it would make a good and fast baby quilt, and Hopscotch because this was the quilt that most interested me when I saw photos from the most recent Quilt Market.  Lastly, I bought the Clammy ruler to use to make the Glam Clam quilt.  The shop sent me a little bundle of fat quarters of Fig Tree fabrics in red and cream and some decorative ribbon as a free gift with my purchase.  I know I can find a use for both. 

I'll be back with Part 2 shortly, showing what other people got me for my birthday.  It was yesterday, a big, fat, round number, and my inner thirty-two year old is in shock at the thought.

 photo signature_zps7mcw44cc.png

3 comments:

  1. Sending you happy birthday wishes. You treated yourself to some wonderful quilty gifts. I also succumbed to The Fat Quarter Shop deal! Hehehe. Buy it now or buy it later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so funny -- I'm finding the number that represents my age is shocking too -- how can it be? Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, belatedly. Even though I sew every day, no one in my family ever asks if there are any quilty items I would like for birthday or Christmas. I must do a better job of planting some hints. I'm pretty much ready for Christmas. I'm making fudge and baking cookies today, Ashley arrives home tomorrow. Best wishes to you and your family for a wonderful holiday season.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.