Thursday, February 18, 2016

Organizing My Sewing Space

Have you ever been to Target and bought something that wasn't on your shopping list, just because you liked the look of it and the price was right?  Ha!  Do birds fly?  Here are my latest impulse purchases.  First, this wire basket (only $3!).  I thought I could put it on the floor under the table and use it to collect scraps, the ones that are too small to re-fold but too big to throw away.  Good idea but it is filling up fast.  Temporary solution but not long term scrap storage.


I also found these baskets that look like they are knitted but are made of plastic.  Also very inexpensive so I bought a few.  This smaller one is holding leftover binding I'm saving for a future unknown project where I just need a short piece.


I'm using the larger version to hold fabric I pulled from stash for a planned project.  I have two of these going now (but I have about 12 projects planned in my head).



As you may have surmised from my destash sale, I've been cleaning out and re-organizing my sewing space, or sewing "studio" as I've begun to call it.  Studio sounds so active and professional.  The gym I go to refers to their facility as the studio, which certainly sounds better (though less accurate) than torture chamber.


Getting fit and strong at OTF

Pulling my stash fabric out of the closet, refolding it, and putting it back in the closet was quite the workout.  Next up, the space around my sewing machine table.



 photo signature_zps7mcw44cc.png

4 comments:

  1. Love your "finds" and am just like you, see it and they try and find a great space or use for it. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If your not organized you can't do your best work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Other than fabric, of course, storage containers are possibly my main impulse purchase. Now it's time to figure out how to organize my organizers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are those white "knitted" baskets also from Target? They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.