Here they are sewn together. Right now, the top is 30" by 42" but I plan to add a narrow border, probably in the background color. Then I will hand quilt it to finish.
The original pattern from Laundry Basket Quilts has you cutting your background squares 5" but I wanted my butterflies to be a little less crowded together so cut my backgrounds 6.5" square. When I started, I thought I might trim them before sewing together but after trying a few layouts, I decided to keep the blocks at the larger size.
As you might have noticed, I used a variety of neutral tone-on-tone prints for the background, seven different fabrics in total from my stash. I used a set of Bali Pop batik strips from Hoffman for the butterfly wings and a very dark brown for the body (with dark brown matching thread to applique the bodies), I drew the antennae with a permanent pen (Pigma Micron). You don't need a jelly roll to make a quilt this size; a couple of charm packs would be enough fabric.
Between this top to quilt, a finished quilt to bind, and my EPP project, I have a lot of handwork ahead!