Monday, May 7, 2012

An Eventful Weekend

Remember this quilt?  I made it earlier this year and donated it to the Parents' Association at my daughter's school for their annual auction.


The event was Saturday night.  The cocktails and dinner event had a Derby theme, with both live and silent auctions.  I could have bid on Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade grandstand seats, use of vacation homes at the Jersey shore, Miami, Hilton Head, or Deer Valley, Utah, even a trip to the Emmy Awards show in LA.  A reserved parking place near the main academic building went for $5,500 (!). 

The slient auction included items at lower price points.  My  quilt was there. 



I think it went for $350; at least, that was the high bid shortly before the bidding closed.  I already have an idea for the next one.

I got some quilting done over the weekend too.  Come back tomorrow to see my big finish. 

2 comments:

  1. Great job Cathy for a worthy cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that quilt, I hope it went to an appreciative home! That's a pretty good price too!

    I would have definitely bid on the Emmy tickets!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.