Tuesday, September 20, 2011

What's In Your Stash?

My stash holds a lot of Fig Tree fabrics.  I like the updated vintage look of the designs and colors and have a hard time  resisting each new collection.  But now I  have so much, I really need to decide on some projects and begin to make use of them.  I am supposed to be a quilter, not a fabric collector!  (I know, I know, hard to tell the difference!)


Fat quarter and fat eighth bundles of Buttercup, Strawberry Fields, and Butterscotch and Rose.


Two layer cakes and a partial jelly roll of Mill House Inn.




Scraps from prior projects and some yard and fat quarter cuts.



Larger pieces bought on sale for possible borders and backings.




I've been wanting to make these small applique pictures for a while but they will hardly put a dent in the fabric collection.  This Miss Rosie design from Spice of Life quilts is one of the larger quilt patterns I've been thinking of.  Or some kind of log cabin design.  Or maybe a pineapple block quilt.  Something like that...to use a variety of prints in a  scrappy way.


To get some more ideas, I used Google Images, searching Fig Tree quilt as well as individual collection names.  Seeing what others had done with this fabric provided some inspiration and (warning! warning!) the hours went by as I was sucked into new-to-me blogs.

2012 might be my Year of Fig Tree.



4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...I have only owned one Fat Quarter Bundle and I won that over a year ago. I just sat and stared at it for months. The though of have all that gorgeous fabric at my disposal was overwhelming and the feel of it, well, yes...I have a problem..."Hi, My name in Nancy and I am a Fabric Fondler". I have taken it apart, spread it out and put it back together, tied it up again several times, LOL. Silly I know, but I just can't afford them right now so it is really tough to cut in to this one. I have used pieces of 3 of the fat quarters for one little project. Obsessed with it? yup! LOL. Your Fig Tree projects will be beautiful. I love her collections. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cathy, I know the feeling! I have a large collection of Fig Tree that goes WAY back. I've been good, and have used it in lots of my quilts and tell myself I don't need anymore......and then a new fabric line comes out! What's a girl to do???

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all gorgeous fabrics, Im afraid my stash is very thin indeed..I have one of those plastic buckets full and that is it..Im working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started the Fat Quarter Shop's Mystery BOM because it is done in Strawberry Fields! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.